The strategic objective of T2EVOLVE is to accelerate the process of developing CAR T-cell therapy in the European Union (EU), to grant EU patients access to the most ground-breaking and best available medical care, while providing guidance on the implementation of this novel treatment into the EU healthcare system in a sustainable way, and to help alleviate the financial burden of health care on the economy and society. Moreover, patient involvement will ensure that the perspectives of cancer patients are at the center, in the research setting as well as along the cancer care continuum.
The T2EVOLVE consortium aims to achieve its ambitious goal by working on and improving the state of the art of the following key aspects:
- Optimization of pre-clinical models -> for the best safety and efficacy prediction.
- Definition of gold standard analytical methods pre- and post-engineered T-cell infusion -> for the finest patient monitoring.
- Selection of optimal lymphodepletion regimens -> to grant optimal reception of the therapy.
- Production of GMP guidance and establishment of standard product profiles -> to minimize unpredictable variables.
- Integration of patient stakeholders into the R&D life cycle of engineered T cell therapy and improve patient experience through the joint creation of innovative communication, education, and training tools -> to involve and guide patients all over their clinical journey.
- Patient access expansion -> to grant most excellent cancer therapies to all European patients.